Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Paintings

More from my "stealing yo shit off facebook series" (idunno).  Anyhow, here are "Arabian Dreams" and "Jekyll and Hide It"




"Arabian Dreams"

Here is my very white friend in her wedding garb. She married into an Indian family. As always, I stalk my fb friends, and choose interesting profile pictures to transform into paintings. In doing so, I am questioning their decision in how they represent themselves digitally. I like this one because it showcases her new blended identity. Like the others, the painting is in gouache and watercolor, but I've also added metallic spray paint and glitter glue to up the sparkle. Thinking I might show these with the original pics for comparison. Thoughts?





  "Jekyll and Hide It"
                                                                                  
This photo was highly photoshopped, which is something I hadn't worked with before. Thus the large sections of white. I also find it interesting that he is wearing these huge glasses. Hiding something?



No comments:

Post a Comment