Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spring 2012 Work

Finally got all of my work back from finals.  My favorites from printmaking and figure drawing, as well as a teaser image for my upcoming comic story, Electro Scream.

You Have No Power Over Me

Detail 1

Detail 2

Ok, I'm not much of a printmaker.  All of the different processes are very counter-intuitive to me.  But I love silk screening!  This is my final (all of my work involved pop culture icons accompanied with a related phrase) along with a couple of detail images.  If you don't know (which a couple of people from class didn't) this is baby Toby from Labyrinth, with lyrics from "Dance Magic" and a transfer of a barn owl, which David Bowie's character has the ability to disguise himself as.  LOVE!

Nervous Gnaw

Here's an in class multi-media drawing.  If you make me work with charcoal, expect me to go above and beyond to make it funky.  It's charcoal, acrylic wash, white chalk, and red pastel.  

I Am Queen in a Land That Doesn't Forget
The piece for which my profile picture was taken.  Self portrait (obviously), prisma and copic markers on Arches paper.  

Haunted Art School

Figure drawing final.  Everything I planned went wrong with this piece, so I decided to say "eff it" and just went crazy with it.  Also, when in doubt, splatter!  Marker, watercolor, pastel, chalk, and silver paint.



13/19

Second piece of the final for figure drawing.  Only stipulations was that the drawing depicted two figures in an interior.  These are my friends, a married couple.  He has MS, which messes with his mental faculties, causing him to have faulty memory among other things.  I made this piece to show the effect of this disease on him and on his marriage.  He and his wife can fight like any couple, but in the end, she takes care of him, and gives him a safe haven.  I inserted my friend Derek in the back as a sort of anthropomorphic representation of the disease, a malevolent lurker in their lives. 


Electro Scream

And finally, a teaser image from my upcoming, in progress comic(?) painting story, Electro Scream.  Neat-o, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment