Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Glitter Rocket Ship AHOY!



Rosalarian
Mixed Media on Wood Panel
16.5 X 12 in.
2012

A bit of a break from the Fandom Rocks! series.

Megan Gedris a.k.a. Rosalarian is one of my favorite web cartoonists.  Her work includes "Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space", "Meaty Yogurt", and "Yu + Me in Dreams", as well as several others.  I think she's pretty flippin cool.

A couple of weeks ago she hosted a "Draw Rosalarian Day" on her Tumblr.  Unfortunately, I was too busy to participate on that day.  So  I am sort of participating now.  Happy "Two Weeks After Draw Rosalarian Day Day".  

I really loved working on this piece, which includes crayon, gouache, acrylics, and lots of GLITTER!!!

Oh, and here is a detail shot of the rocket.  I lurve it so:




No comments:

Post a Comment